How to Write a Great Press Release that gets Coverage
Wednesday 21st March 2018
9.30am – 11.30pm Cost: €100
This two hour practical workshop will teach small business owners, students and people interested in how the media works how to put together a great press release that gets the coverage you want.
This course is very popular and is expected to fill up quickly. Email Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 087 7979279 if you’d like to book.
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Put together and distribute a winning press release
- Identify exactly what journalists are looking for
- Pinpoint how your company or organisation can stand out from the crowd
- Use social media and online PR to promote your story
The course will cover:
• How to come up with an interesting news angle
• Writing a press release – where do you begin?
• The value of good photography
• The do’s and don’ts of press release writing
Drafting your Release
• What journalists are looking for
• Should a headline be simple or eye catching?
• How to write winning quotes that will appear in print
• The value of choosing your top three media targets
• The best approach to getting media coverage
• The importance of online PR
• How to distribute your press release
• Should I ring the journalist or not?
• Got coverage? How do you maintain the momentum?
Participants on previous PR courses have said:
Attended one of Anthony Garvey’s Public Relations courses, really enjoyed and got a lot from it.
Grace O’ Donnell, Mydestination.com
This has to be the most useful course I have participated in, in the longest time. Your Public Relations course was the catalyst for further growth and direction.
Imelda McGrattan, Independent Sales Strategist
The PR course is a fantastic course which I would highly recommend.
Danielle Favier, Failte Ireland
Wednesday, 21st March 2018
9.30am – 12.30pm
Ballygarry House Hotel, Tralee
Quinn Garvey PR
Tel: 087 7979279
Price also includes:
- Light Refreshments
- Hotel and room fees
- Free car parking
- Presentation slides and course notes
- Post-course support and advice for your next press release
Anthony has over 30 years experience working in international public relations, ranging from technology and telecommunication blue chips to educational and local government organisations.
He spent 9 years as Head of PR for Psion plc during a period of rapid change as it evolved from a start-up to a FTSE100 company.
In 2001, Anthony returned to Ireland where he established Quinn Garvey PR which provides public relations and marketing services to small businesses in Ireland and the UK.
If you’d like to book Call Anthony on 087 7979279 or send him an email: